- To provide an undergraduate or graduate student the opportunity to observe the inner workings of a professional organization program.
- To develop an appreciation and deeper insight into the job hunting process.
- SPE Interns will gain knowledge of the operation of a placement exchange program.
- SPE Interns will identify how a collaborative team functions to coordinate this yearly event.
- SPE Interns will engage with the planning team to learn about the inner working of the placement exchange and gain understanding of this type of event.
- Attend SPE beginning the Wednesday before registration begins
- Assist with setting up the registration, scheduling and messaging areas
- Participate in all planning meetings beginning on Wednesday Night through Saturday’s wrap up meeting
- Participate in pre-placement exchange planning meetings via teleconference
- Have full responsibility for one component of SPE, i.e., preparing the daily newsletter
- Provide feedback on how to improve SPE
Arrival: Wednesday, February 14th, 2018 (Afternoon)
Program Dates: February 15th – 17th, 2018
Departure: Sunday, February 18, 2018 (Morning)
Where: University of North Texas campus, Texas
To learn more: http://southernplacement.com/
Submit a resume and cover letter by December 1st, 2017 to:
Gerald C. Harris
SACSA Representative to SPE