Before the Placement Exchange
We strongly encourage employers to schedule interviews with candidates prior to arrival at the Southern Placement Exchange.
This will ensure that you have plenty of interviews to make your Placement Exchange experience successful.
The Scheduling Center will be located in the 3rd floor center foyer in the Holiday Inn and Fogelman Executive Center University of Memphis. A new feature for SPE this year is the ability to submit your schedule in advance online. Once you have prescheduled your interviews with candidates, login to the SPE website and update your schedule. Questions regarding the Scheduling Center should be addressed to email@example.com. When you are initially setting up your schedule for each day (Friday and Saturday), make sure to include any break times you will need. You can only schedule interviews with registered candidates. If a candidate does not appear in the drop down list that means they have either not registered, or their payment has not yet been processed.
Each location (table and/or suite) from your institution will have a separate interview schedule. Interviews can be set-up for either 30 or 60 minute time segments, but not both. They must be one or the other for that particular day. One-hour interviews must begin on the hour. Group interviews will not be accommodated by the Scheduling Center staff, but may be arranged between the employer and candidates. Interviews will not be scheduled to begin prior to 8:30 a.m. on Friday in order to allow candidates time to contact employers and set up interviews.
Arriving at SPE
After you arrive at the Placement Exchange, every employer must check-in with the Scheduling Center to verify and update the schedule you submitted online. Even if you have not pre-scheduled any candidates you still need to check-in once you are on-site.
Please use our “Employer to Candidate” message form to inform candidates that you would like to interview them. If you choose to use your own letter or form for this purpose, it must clearly state that the candidate is allowed to schedule an interview. Please see the sample online to set up your own forms. Without written authority, candidates will not be allowed to schedule interviews.
When a candidate schedules an interview with you, a notice (which includes the position, room/table number, time and date of the interview) will be sent to the Message Center to be placed in your institution’s box.
Allow time between interviews to check your box for upcoming interviews. If you want a printout of your schedule or want to make changes to your schedule, come to the Scheduling Center.
Southern Placement Exchange Scheduling Center Tips:
- Communicate with candidates prior to arrival at SPE for all prescheduled interviews.
- Update online with prescheduled interviews online prior to coming to SPE.
- Come to the Scheduling Center to verify or update your schedule before 10:00 p.m. on Thursday. This will help you avoid lines on Friday morning.
- Remember to pick up the printouts of your scheduled interviews in your box at the Message Center. We will do this Thursday evening and then upon request. Otherwise you are responsible for keeping up with your schedule.
- Interviews should not be scheduled prior to 8:30 a.m. on Friday.
- If you have any pre-scheduled interviews please make sure they are confirmed with the candidates.